Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Drowsy Days


Little Esther :) The Principal's daughter

Paul, this little crazy kid that runs around the school during the day and helps me set up my new board!


I quizzed them on History questions for an hour which they loved, haha.


Well, not much has happened here in Kolonia. We have been busy with orientation each morning, and today I spent most of the day working on lesson plans and a syllabus for my two (most likely three) classes: World History, US History, and Geography. I have the best classroom in my opinion and I am so thankful - it is bright, breezy, and beautiful. Fairly clean with new desks and two big chalk boards.

This afternoon Carly, Carl, David, Brandon, Marcus, and I all took the truck out around Kolonia looking for a good place to eat with no luck. We just ate at Angies, which is not the best place haha. But I got some Ice Cream - ahhh it tastes so good :) Tonight everyone came over to our apartment, made banana pancakes with whole wheat flour (with my urging haha) and played mafia! I was killed off instantly and of course I was the mafia and everyone suspected me. Tomorrow is the first day of registration, and no I don't exactly know what that entails as far as my duties but I guess I will find out!!

Sunday we are going out to surf and snorkel, so I am extremely stoked to try out my gear. Unfortunately I sprained my ankle while walking around in flip flops with my huge books so I have an iced, wrapped ankle elevated on my bed :( Hopefully it is better by tomorrow! Probably not. Ahhhhhhhhh. Miss you all!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, you'll be teaching my favorite subjects (besides Bible) to teach! Awesome! Enjoying your blog and especially seeing you smiling in the pictures! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete