Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Just for fun: FOOD!

Alright! This has been coming for a long time. This is a post entirely about food. I haven't really missed food from home thaaat much this year. It hasn't been a big deal to me. Yeah, the food gets kind of boring here. Rice and broccoli for lunch. Granola for breakfast with powdered soy milk from home (EVERY MORNING FOR 9 MONTHS!) and the occasional orange or bean/salsa treat. That's about it except for our wonderful breakfast-dinners or apartment meals that add some variety to the blandness :) Carly is a pretty good cook and we have managed to have some good meals this year! Curry, eggplant dishes, vege meat dishes, etc. But most of the time, day to day....it's the same food. Everything in Pohnpei besides bananas, taro, and cucumbers is shipped in from somewhere else. Evverything. They import basically everything in the grocery store. Most of the items come from the company "Western Family." I find that humorous because they are located in Portland of all places! Ridiculous. Food shipped from my home half way across the world. More expensive too because of all the taxes!

Most of the items on this list are things that I CANNOT get here! Here goes!! MY stomach is growling already!

1) Taco Salad
2) Soy Cappuccino at peets with my dad
3) Chipotle Burrito
4)  Olive Garden Salad
5) Vegetarian Meatballs from mom
6) Enchiladas without olives!
7) Cheesecake.....
8) Mizithra Cheese Pasta from Spaghetti Factory!
9) Panda Express spring roll
10) Blueberries (I miss these most so they are separate)
11) Pears, peaches, oranges, and strawberries! (in general: FRUIT)
12) Big tomatoes in a BIG sandwich!
13) Mt. Dew Baja. Sorry mom.
14) Belgium waffles with MAPLE syrup from dad
15) Silk Soy Milk!
16) Coconut Icecream
17) BIG FRANKS wrapped in foil with all the fixin's from dad!
18) Grandma's oatmeal cookies
19) gelato from The Patisserie walla walla!
20) Thai Ploy Iced Coffee!
21) Taco Wagon burrito!!
22) Worm Ranch burrito!
23) YOGI burger from DX!

I also realize much of this food isn't that healthy. It's not like I want to eat this all the time, okay!? Kindra don't judge me!

mannny mannny moreee but this is just one list to get me excited about coming home:) Haha!

1 comment:

  1. I'll judge you for Kindra. Jk.
    My list is soooo similar.
    19-23 are going down on the road trip.
    Also, scotch soda from the iceburg? Ah, hell yeah!

    ReplyDelete