Monday, May 7, 2012

MONDAYS

No matter how much sleep I get. No matter how much water I drink. No matter how big a breakfast I eat. Monday's always suck. I always go to bed on Sunday night and wake up Monday morning with the same prayer (more or less)

"Dear God, please help me sleep and be well rested for what tomorrow brings. Help me show these kids Your love. Help me be patient and kind and loving at all times. Give me an opportunity to witness to them. Give me the strength to get through the day without feeling exhausted. Be with me always. Amen"

Yet 7th period comes around and I get up to teach my THIRD world history class of the day and words start spewing out that aren't so nice and loving and kind. For example:

"I only ask for FORTY MINUTES of your DAY to be respectful and attentive in class. That is ALL. If you can't HANDLE that I'm fearful of your FUTURE" - Ms. Kellar, 5/7/12 2:30pm.

Whoops. I mean, I guess that's not totally cruel but it's not really loving....especially in front of the whole class. It didn't help the whole class either except got a few of the students nervous and quiet. 7th period always does me in. I don't know why but it's always the most hot on Monday. I've had a really headache since Thursday (after my team WON the state debate! More on that later....). I think it's just all the anxiety and stress of prepping for that debate sort of accumulating into a big giant headache. Today sucked. My lectures were boring even to me because I was just sick of it all. I was confused about what I was even SAYING! Mussolini made a pact with ...Hitler? Or did I say Stalin? Or Daladier?  Oh no. Sech. Nan sech. I'm falling asleep listening to myself.

Tomorrow will be better. God doesn't give us what we ask right away or maybe even at all. But He always answers. I know. I just really wish He would answer on Monday.


Only TWO more mondays to go. So I guess I'll survive. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment